DELIVERY & RETURNS
All Medicines are Genuine from UK & EU Pharmacies
Tracked Delivery Fastest delivery to the door within 5-7 days. Don't miss exclusive offer.
Savings 70% compared to your local US pharmacy
Return Policy Our flexible return policy allows 14 days return
Buy Latuda Canada | What is Lurasidone?
Buy Latuda Canada | Lurasidone Is a medication that works in the brain to treat schizophrenia. It is also known as a second generation antipsychotic (SGA) or atypical antipsychotic. Lurasidone rebalances dopamine and serotonin to improve thinking, mood, and behavior
How does Lurasidone work?
Lurasidone is an antipsychotic medication that is primarily used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It works by affecting certain neurotransmitters in the brain, particularly dopamine and serotonin. While the exact mechanism of action is not fully understood, here’s a simplified explanation of how lurasidone is thought to work:
- Dopamine modulation: Lurasidone is classified as an “atypical” antipsychotic because it has a different binding profile for dopamine receptors compared to older, “typical” antipsychotics. It acts as a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist, which means it blocks the activity of dopamine at these receptors. By doing so, it helps regulate the excessive dopamine activity often associated with psychotic symptoms.
- Serotonin modulation: Lurasidone also affects serotonin receptors, specifically the 5-HT2A receptors. It acts as a 5-HT2A receptor antagonist, which helps reduce the activity of serotonin at these receptors. This modulation of serotonin is thought to contribute to the antipsychotic and mood-stabilizing effects of lurasidone.
- Other receptor effects: Lurasidone also has an affinity for other receptors, such as 5-HT7 and alpha-2C adrenergic receptors. These interactions may contribute to its overall therapeutic effects, but their precise mechanisms are still being studied. Buy Latuda Canada
Buy Latuda Canada | What are the side effects of Lurasidone?
Lurasidone, like any medication, can cause side effects. Not everyone will experience these side effects, and their severity can vary from person to person. It’s important to discuss any concerns or potential side effects with your healthcare provider. Here are some common side effects associated with lurasidone.Buy Latuda Canada
- Extrapyramidal Symptoms (EPS): These are movement disorders that can include symptoms such as tremors, muscle stiffness, restlessness, and involuntary muscle movements. Lurasidone has a lower risk of causing EPS compared to some other antipsychotic medications, but it can still occur.
- Sedation and Sleepiness: Lurasidone may cause drowsiness or sedation. It’s important to be cautious when engaging in activities that require alertness, such as driving or operating machinery, especially when starting the medication or adjusting the dosage.
- Weight Gain: Some individuals may experience weight gain while taking lurasidone. It’s important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine, and your healthcare provider can monitor your weight regularly.
- Metabolic Changes: Lurasidone has been associated with metabolic changes, including increased blood sugar levels and lipid abnormalities (elevated cholesterol and triglycerides). Regular monitoring of blood glucose and lipid levels may be necessary, especially if you have pre-existing diabetes or metabolic conditions.
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Lurasidone can cause a drop in blood pressure when standing up from a sitting or lying position, leading to dizziness or lightheadedness. It’s important to rise slowly from a seated or lying position to minimize the risk.
- Gastrointestinal Effects: Some individuals may experience digestive symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, or abdominal discomfort while taking lurasidone.
- Other Common Side Effects: Other common side effects may include headache, akathisia (restlessness or an urge to move), anxiety, blurred vision, dry mouth, and sexual dysfunction.
There are no reviews yet.